St. Patty's Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies



Lucky for us every year the next town over has a huge St. Patrick's Day Parade. Even luckier, we have a good friend that lives right on main street who is kind enough to invite us over to enjoy the festivities! I wanted to bake something "green" in honor of the holiday, so I looked through some recipes I bookmarked and I found just the thing...Green Mint Chocolate Chip cookies.

I'd venture to say this recipe is my own, only because referenced two different recipes when coming up with this combination. The recipe that inspired me was on the Betty Crocker Website Mint Chocolate Chip Cookes but this one calls for their cookie mix in a bag which I didn't have and figured I could make cookies from scratch. The other recipe is off of the back of the Shoprite Chocolate Chip bag. (Original, I know.) However I changed the amounts of the ingredients and the bake time & temperature, so I'm going to assume this is the first recipe I've actually invented....maybe?


Here we go:

Preheat oven to 325˚.

In a bowl, combine:

1 cup softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2-1 tsp mint extract (I used 1/2 tsp & the hubby said "they could even be mintier and it would be okay")
6-10 drops of green food coloring

In another bowl, combine:
 2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Mix thoroughly and then add to liquid mixture above 1/3 at a time. Once combined shut off mixer.



Next, stir in (by hand):
2 cups of Hershey's Mint Chocolate Chips (or any other Mint Chocolate Chips you can find!)



Spoon mixture onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.


Bake for 10-12 minutes (until edges are just beginning to turn brown).


Let cool on pan for a few minutes then remove to rack to finish cooling. I brought just over 60 cookies to the party. When we left there were only about 8 left. Not too shabby!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment