Cinnamon Swirl Bread


The other day, despite it being almost 85˚ out, I felt like baking some cinnamon swirl bread. I found this recipe for Homemade Cinnamon Bread from the Pioneer Woman. She has some seriously detailed photos and instructions on her page if you're interested. I did however, follow her instructions and after an entire afternoon of mixing, rising, rolling, rising and baking the bread was finally done.

I didn't begin taking pictures until after I had already added the cinnamon sugar, rolled the bread and let it rise for the second time. So here's what it looked like before going into the oven:


After it came out, I let it cool on a rack for about 30 min.


Finally I sliced into it and the hubby and I split a few slices while it was still warm. It was pretty good. A little dry actually, but pretty damn good.


Then this morning, it was time for cinnamon toast:



It was much more delicious toasted with butter. So delicious in fact, that I think I'm going to make another slice now...

No comments:

Post a Comment