Momma Duke's Birthday..


So my amazing mom had another birthday. She was so busy the weekend of her actual birthday that we ended up celebrating it the following weekend. Which gave me more time to decide what to make. Since I've been sitting on a box of red velvet cake for awhile and it was burning a hole in my cabinet, I figured I better get to making it.

So this is nothing fancy, Store-bought box of red velvet cake, jar of cream cheese frosting. Heart Sprinkles.



I had some small 6" or 7" round pans, so I thought I'd just make a layer cake with many layers. I had to refill these pans twice in order to make all the layers.


Then, let them cook on a rack, and iced them up. After the first one, I ended up cutting the bumps off the tops because I realized I have to cram a lot of icing into the edges to make it smooth. 



Overall it came out quite good. Although in all fairness it's pretty hard to screw up a boxed cake. Happy Birthday Mom. xo




No comments:

Post a Comment