4th of July Cookie Fruit Pizzas


I have to come up with another name for these then "Fruit Pizzas" because to me, fruit and pizza should never go together.

Nonetheless, We have Cookie Fruit Pizzas. This recipe came from my friend Nicole who make them for a BBQ of her own a year or two ago. I feel in love with them and have been waiting to make them for my own function every since!

4th of July is my father-in-law's birthday. Every year we celebrate at my in-law's house and watch the fireworks from their backyard with about 30 or so friends and family. This year I made 2 of these delicious cookie fruit desserts.

Ingredients go like this:
1 package of pre-made sugar cookie dough
1 bar of low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 of a can of sweetened condensed milk

Assorted fruits: kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, banana, peaches - whatever you like!

Instructions:
Line baking pan with parchment (I find parchment is the best thing ever when it comes to baking as the chance of burning things is much less and the chance of these items sticking to the pan is also much less. Invest in parchment!)

Preheat oven to 300˚ (I think the package says 350˚ but this cookie will be BIG so you don't want the edges to burn before the middle cooks all the way through. You'll want it to cook slow and even)

Pile the cookie dough into one ball and flatten it out slightly in the center of the parchment, it will do the rest on it's own. Then bake for about 30-35 minutes keeping an eye on it. Cookie is done when the edges are slightly browned and the center doesn't look raw anymore. Let cool on pan or wire rack.

Next up, Add cream cheese and brown sugar and combine with a mixer until smooth. Once cookie is cool spread frosting over top and decorate with fruit!


After this was finished I opted to drizzle a tiny bit of sweetened condensed milk across the top of each cookie. But this is not necessary. The dessert is plenty sweet on it's own. The only thing I would suggest is perhaps brushing the bananas with the condensed milk only so that they do not turn brown by the time you're ready to serve it.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment