Christmas Cake Pops


Joe had a Club Christmas party over the past weekend and volunteered me to make a dessert for about 45 people. I figured making some cake pops would be the best bet because they're simple, one bite desserts, I could make a couple different flavors and I got a new stand for pops/cupcakes that I was dying to use!


These little guys came out really cute and I adore the stand! It also doubles as a cupcake stand by adding the larger separators - and it has a little carrying hook part for your fingers at the top as well, although I transported them in a tupperware then assembled them at the party.

Here were the selections:



Additionally, I had seen a recipe for these Oreo Snowmen



Knowing how much Joe likes Oreos I figured I'd make them as well. The problem though with these guys is that the sticks do not fit in between the Oreo cookies. So you therefore have to unscrew each one (hoping not to break them) then carve out a little place for the stick to rest, add some melting chocolate as "glue" and out the top of the cookie back on. All without breaking one side of the cookie. I broke about half a package of cookies trying to do this (which I saved for use in another dessert).



Thankfully before I threw in the towel, Joe stepped in and made them all work, and even put the hats and faces on them after I dipped them in the white chocolate - he seriously saved the day with these and it seems that they were quite popular that night as well. 

To recap: 
Oreos - separated and sealed with melting chocolate and a stick. Let set. 
Dip entire Cookie in white chocolate melts. Let set. 
Dip corner of cookie in a color for the hat, top with M&M candy (I used Mint flavored). Let set. 

Faces: You can do whatever here I used a combination of mini chocolate chips, an orange sprinkle (yes, I plucked out the orange ones from a container of rainbow) and then I used a food coloring marker for the mouth, although I'm sure you could use some melted chocolate as well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment