Angry Birds Pig Cake Pops


For Christmas this year my business partner surprised me with a book I've been secretly wanting for the past year: Cake Pops by Bakarella



I've been reading Her Site since I began researching cake pops...She's incredible! Her ideas are as smart as they are stunning. Her use of candy and decorations is amazing. And now I own this book!! I now declared this year "the year of cake pops" as I plan on baking my way through this book or at the very least, using it for some serious inspiration to create my own designs.

Knowing how addicted we've all become to the game - Angry Birds - I thought I'd make a Green Pig Pop. Here's how it went:

 

The inside was following the basic recipe previously mentioned, I used Chocolate Cake & Chocolate Icing. I used Wilton melting candies for the outside coating. In order to make the right color green for the pigs, I had to combine green AND yellow candy melts:


I dipped the pops in my custom green candy mixture and laid them down on a parchment lined cookie tray. After racking my brain trying to figure out what type of candy I could use to make the right features I decided that nothing pre-made would work. I decided I'd have to custom make the features myself if I wanted them to resemble the character. In order to make the right "pig parts" I lined another tray with parchment and with melted candy in a disposable pastry bag and began pouring shapes for the snouts, eyes & ears: 


After the pops (and Parts) have cooled, using the remainder of the melted green candy for "glue" I began adhering the parts to the pops. The result of which is this:






I am in love with this method, and in love with the result. They were almost too cute to eat! (Almost.)



1 comment:

  1. Love them and can't wait to see what else you make this year!

    ReplyDelete