Italian Flag cookies

These cookies are my husband's favorite cookies - ever - almond flavored with jelly and chocolate. On a rare occasion these cookies could sometimes be found in the fresh baked goods section of our local supermarket, but it was very rare. However, when they were spotted, they would more often then not find their way into our cart because he just couldn't resist. I used to complain that they were so expensive for the small amount of cookies that were in each pack and to top it all off...I didn't even like them! One day he suggested I just learn how to make them so that he wouldn't have to  buy them the next time.

Challenge accepted!

It's been about 5 years now that I've been making these cookies. I've heard them called Italian Flag Cookies because they represent the colors in the italian flag or sometimes referred to as Rainbow cookies or 7-Layer Cookies as well. Regardless of what you call them, everyone seems to be a huge fan.


The recipe I follow for these is Rainbow Cookies - By, Carole Walter. This recipe most resembles the cookies my husband has grown so fond of.


Over the past few years I've made these cookies around Christmas time, we always spend the holiday with family at various locations and everyone seems to attack these cookies like they're gold. I've come to discover why the cookies were so expensive in the store...they're very very time consuming to make - but ask anyone - totally worth it. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment