Cake Pop Love...





Valentines day is just a few days away, so I thought I'd do some sort of baking for the occasion... However, I wasn't really sure what to make...I had a box of Red Velvet cake in the cabinet so initially I thought that might be a good idea, but nothing was really jumping out at me. This is why I was so happy to get a phone call from my sister in law this thursday....

"I want to make cake pops this weekend. Have any time to supervise?" I can't tell you how excited I was. Seriously, ridiculously excited. Turns out she wanted to make some sweets for her man for valentine's day. Helping her completely satisfied my "need to make something valentine's related" and I knew I'd have a good time hanging out with her for the afternoon!

My sister in law G made a chocolate cake and headed down to my house. We went out to get some red and white melting candies and sprinkles for decorations. I'd never made cake pops with sprinkles before but always thought they looked so pretty. After a bit of a rocky start (sprinkles sliding off the cake pops and  cake pops falling off the sticks) we finally found a groove.

G was able to master these cake pops almost immediately. Although she says she's not much of a cook, I do know she's crazy talented when it comes to creative activities and designing. She dipped and decorated almost every single one of these cake pops (with the exception of the 5 or so I did, initially to show her how). They came out so insanely beautiful you'd think she'd done this 100 times over.

I had a great time and couldn't be happier with the results...

Enjoy the pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment