Italian Baked Pan-Cake


My sister sent this recipe to me the other week and swears she's been wanting to make this every day since she made it this first time. So finally I decided to give it a go. This is the recipe she sent (in her words) She says it's from Gourmet Magazine - although I could not find a site to link to with the same recipe:




3/4 c. all purpose flour (GF works too.) 
2 eggs
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. milk

• Preheat oven to 450, put a cast iron skillet in there when you turn it on, so that it gets heated too.
 




• Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl. 


• When the oven is hot, open it up and put 1 or 2 Tbsp of butter in the skillet, roll it around to coat, and return it to the oven for 1 minute to brown. 




• Then pour in the batter. Cook until puffed, set and golden, about 20-25 minutes for a 12" skillet. 




• Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. (It will sink)




• I served it with mixed berries and agave nectar. But syrup would be great alone too. The recipe called for serving it with Nutella that's been thinned to pourable consistency with milk. I didn't try that, but it sounds great. Either way, it was one of the best breakfast recipes I've found in a long time. Hope you enjoy!  





She's the best. This recipe was delicious. Next time I think I'll try making it with cinnamon and apples as well. I'm sure it won't be too long because I, like her, want to make this every day!! 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment