Banana Nut Oatmeal Cookies



Seems everyone I know lately is watching what they eat...which is why last weekend when we celebrated my mother in law's birthday my brother-in-law's girlfriend made the most amazing low fat and WW friendly cookies. These were some of the best cookies I've had in a long time – so good in fact, that half of the cookies she brought were eaten before dinner! I was lucky enough to have 2 that night before they were devoured!

She told us the recipe came from Skinny Taste - Chewy LowFat Banana Nut Oatmeal Cookies. I've heard of this site before and after making this recipe I'm sure I'll be back.


Gina @ Skinny Taste says:
Serving Size: 2 cookies • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 175.8 • Fat: 6.7 g • Protein: 3.5 g • Carb: 28.3 g • Fiber: 1.6 g  Sugar: 14 g


The recipe goes like this:
1c flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp unsalted butter room temp.
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c unpacked brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4c mashed ripe banana (I used 1 whole banana)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 c quick oats
3/4 c chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350˚.

1. Mix first 5 dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.


2. In large bowl mix butter, sugars, egg, banana and vanilla. 


(Note: I had received a mortar and pestle for Christmas from my sister and thought I'd pull it out to mash the banana - not sure if this is what one might use to mash a banana - but it worked.)

3. Add the flour mixture & oats to this bowl and combine by hand.

4. Add the nuts and combine well.
(Note: I also decided to chop the walnuts a bit finer then the way they came.)

5. Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. (Note: Parchment is amazing for baking, I never ever bake without it - Not only does it seem to help prevent burning and sticking to the pan but cleanup is practically nothing!)


6. Bake for about 10 minutes. Just until they begin to brown. Do not overcook otherwise they'll be crispy as opposed to chewy. 


7. Let cool on tray for 3 min then transfer to rack to finish cooling. 

Makes about 36 cookies. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment