Turkey Spinach Gyoza

THE FIRST NON-DESSERT POST!!!



Last weekend I made this recipe for the girls when we got together sat afternoon for some apps & desserts: Southwest Egg Rolls from Cake & Allie, BUT I DIDN'T TAKE ONE PICTURE. However the adventure left me with a excess amount of egg roll wrappers that I had to either freeze or use within 7 days. So it was off to find more egg roll inspired recipes.

What I made was adapted from this recipe: Chicken Gyozas

I used what I had, so it's been modified quite a bit. Here we go:

Filling: 
1 lb ground turkey
1 package frozen chopped spinach
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp powdered ginger (I didn't have any fresh on hand)
6 green onions sliced thin

Next up, I had to cut the wonton wrapped in quarters so they would be the correct size. Please keep in mind I was working with squares instead of rounds and I didn't have time to get all fancy-like with the folding.

I added about 1 tbsp filling in each 1/4 of a wonton wrapper, sealed the edges with water, and set them aside. The recipe said 4 min steamed with a closed lid would cook the filling (I was doubful) but here went nothing...


Shockingly enough, after 4 min, I cut one open to check and it was fully cooked! Woohooo!!!



For the dipping sauce I used some of this: Soy Vay - Veri Veri Teriyaki cut with some of this: Liquid Aminos

Now it's full steam ahead...I must've rocked out about 48 of these things and still had 12 tiny squares of wontons left over...Next up...Dessert!!






No comments:

Post a Comment