Broccoli Cakes



I really admire the food blogs that I read...I'm not sure how they have the time to cook and post everything they make in 1) a timely fashion and 2) daily! It's really quite a challenge for me. So please appreciate the backlog of entries that's about to come your way...

These cakes came from a recipe I've been using for years now, that can be found HERE however I just swap out the zucchini for broccoli depending on what I have in the fridge.

Recipe is as follows:

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
DIRECTIONS:
1.In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
2.Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.




Sadly, I don't have any glamour shots of these guys because frankly, I just forgot...however I often serve them with a dipping sauce made up of Mayo, Ketchup and horseradish. Just adjust the quantities to your liking - I usually use 2 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp ketchup and 1/2-1 tsp horseradish.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment