Cookie Butter Cookies


About a month ago my partner at work had told me that on a visit to NY he had acquired a jar of "Speculoos Pasta". I had never heard of such a thing before and after reading up on it - I was intrigued. You can read the description in the photo below but as far as I could tell it's made up of mashed up cookies and some other goodness - and if you ask my brother-in-law it "tastes like Christmas morning". The consistency is smooth like creamy peanut butter - but the taste is totally different. It also goes by the name of Speculoos, Cookie Butter or Biscoff Spread depending on the brand. 


As I've mentioned, I read a LOT of food blogs. So about a week after learning about Speculoos, I began seeing it pop up in the food blogs everywhere. Now I knew I had to try this. It seemed that Trader Joe's made it's own Cookie Butter as well and since it survived the great peanut butter recall of 2012 it was a no-brainer.  


I decided for my first recipe, I'd try this one (another from Sweet Pea's Kitchen): Biscoff Oatmeal Cookies. These cookies are amazing. You must make them. Seriously incredible. I've made this recipe twice and on both occasions someone has said "these cookies are even better the second day" I'm not sure why this is - but it's definitely good to know. They come out crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. A perfect cookie indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment